College and vocational scholarships for survivors of pediatric brain tumors
The PBTF scholarship program eases the financial hardships of a childhood brain tumor diagnosis and helps survivors thrive by empowering them to reach their career goals. PBTF seeks to meet the educational needs of brain tumor survivors who will attend college and also to assist survivors who have other career aspirations incuding vocational, trade or technical degrees/certificates.
Scholarships for high school seniors, high school graduates starting college or students currently in college
Scholarships are a one-time award of $1,000 to high school seniors, high school graduates or college students pursing an associate degree, bachelor's degree or certificate from an accredited college/university or a vocational, trade or technical institution. Awards are paid directly to the academic institution. 2019-2020 scholarship awardees are required to take part in the PBTF Scholar Service Program.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship applicants
- Diagnosed at or before age 19 with a primary malignant or non-malignant central nervous system brain and/or spinal cord tumor, as identified by the World Health Organization.
- Plan to or already attending an accredited community college, undergraduate college/university, vocational, trade or technical institution (graduate level applicants are not eligible to apply).
- If awarded, agree to participate in PBTF's Scholar Service Program.
Scholarship application will open on February 11, 2019. The deadline for submission is May 17, 2019 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Award announcements via mail and email will be in July 2019.
Thank you to our 2018-19 named scholarship donors:
• Herbert Shaw Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
• Julia Kivlin Scholarship Fund
• Larry Dean Davis Scholarship Fund
Our scholarship program for brain tumor survivors is supported in part by the Cycle World Joseph C. Parkhurst Education Fund.
For more information about our scholarship program, please contact Autumn Wallen, LCSW at 800-253-6530, x306, or by email.