College and vocational scholarships for survivors of pediatric brain tumors
The PBTF scholarship program eases the financial hardships of a childhood brain tumor diagnosis and helps survivors thrive by empowering them to reach their career goals. PBTF seeks to meet the educational needs of brain tumor survivors who will attend college and also to assist survivors who have other career aspirations. PBTF is proud to expand its 2018 scholarship program to include vocational, trade and technical scholarships.
Scholarships for high school seniors, high school graduates starting college or students currently in college
Scholarships are a one-time award of $1,000 to high school seniors, high school graduates or college students pursing an associate degree, bachelor's degree or certificate from an accredited college/university or a vocational, trade or technical institution. Awards are paid directly to the academic institution. 2018-19 scholarship awardees are required to take part in the PBTF Scholar Service Program.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship applicants
- Diagnosed at or before age 19 with a primary malignant or non-malignant central nervous system brain and/or spinal cord tumor, as identified by the World Health Organization.
- Plan to or already attending an accredited community college, undergraduate college/university, vocational, trade or technical institution (graduate level applicants are not eligible to apply).
- A completed online application (hard copies will not be accepted) no later than May 7, 2018.
- If awarded, agree to participate in PBTF's Scholar Service Program.
Application period: Jan. 12 to May 7, 2018. Deadline for submission is Monday, May 7, 2018 at 5 p.m. Eastern. Award announcements: July 2018.
Instructions fo 2017-18 scholarship application
To begin the online application process, you will need to provide your email address and create a password. To complete an application, you will be required to provide the following electronic documents (detailed instructions are included in the online application form and on our Scholarship Application FAQs page):
- A signed Medical Information form (downloadable from your online application)
- One letter of recommendation
- School transcript
Scholarship Program Supporters
Thank you to our 2017-18 named scholarship donors:
• Herbert Shaw Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
• Julia Kivlin Scholarship Fund
• Larry Dean Davis Scholarship Fund
Our scholarship program for brain tumor survivors is supported in part by the Cycle World Joseph C. Parkhurst Education Fund.