Ride for Kids®
benefiting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation®
We ride to cure the kids!
PBTF Ride For Kids/Cycle World Motorcycle Drawing 2012-13 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride for Kids/Cycle World Motorcycle Drawing (the “Drawing”) is open only to individual U.S. citizens who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry and have reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (hereafter “PBTF” or “Sponsor”) and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Drawing (all of the above, together and including, Honda Motor Company and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or dealer networks; Cycle World Magazine or its parent company, the Bonnier Corporation; Advanstar Communications; and Gregg’s Customs; collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the employee's immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), regardless of where they live, and the employee's Household Members, are ineligible to enter. "Household Members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year (whether related or not). All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, title, registration, and any other fees associated with the prize are the winner's sole responsibility.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TO ENTER: The 2012-13 Drawing begins on Nov. 2, 2012, and ends at midnight on May 5, 2013. To enter the Drawing you must obtain, complete and submit entry materials at participating International Motorcycle Shows (a list of participating shows is available at www.motorcycleshows.com). Entry materials may also be obtained by contacting the PBTF. Contact information can be found at www.curethekids.org. You may also enter online at www.rideforkids.org. Your entry indicates your agreement to these Official Rules. You may enter without a purchase or contribution by completing a 3″ x 5″ index card with your name, complete address, daytime telephone number and date of birth and mailing it in an envelope to Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, Attn: Motorcycle Drawing, 302 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806. One entry accepted per envelope. All entries must be handwritten. Mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Entries by mail must be postmarked by April 19, 2013, and received no later than May 3, 2013. Limit of 50 entries per person per drawing.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, late, damaged, destroyed, or delayed entries or postage due mail or for unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures, hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances or other communications failures or circumstances affecting receipt of entries or entrants' ability to participate in this drawing.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: The winning entry will be drawn at random on the first Monday in May at 2 p.m. Eastern from the pool of eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and by certified letter within 14 business days following the drawing. Winner will have 10 business days after notification to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release. If winner fails to comply, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing on the 11th business day after notification. By participating, entrants agree that the decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Drawing and release all Promotion Entities from all liability concerning the Drawing. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. You may opt out of PBTF communications at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- WINNERS LIST: A winner’s list may be obtained after the first Monday in June by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, Attn: Motorcycle Drawing, 302 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806.
- PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prize: One (1) customized Honda CBR1000RR. The Grand Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose). Approximate retail value of the motorcycle including delivery is $13,999 plus $800 delivery. The PBTF will arrange and pay to ship the motorcycle to the Honda dealership of the winner’s choice within the contiguous 48 states. If winner resides in Alaska or Hawaii, the winner will be responsible for arranging and paying for shipping and delivery. Winner must take possession of their prize by Dec. 31, 2013. In the event of non-compliance with the Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. All taxes, costs, licensing, title and registration fees incurred are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for all other costs and liability incurred in claiming, and using the motorcycle, including, without limitation, costs associated with compliance with state emissions standards. All unspecified expenses and taxes are winner’s sole responsibility. IRS Form 1099 will be issued to winner for the value of the vehicle. No prize substitutions except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No prize transfers. Freewill donation. A donation will not increase your chances of winning.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By accepting the prize, except where prohibited by law, winner agrees to the use of his or her name and/or photograph for advertising/publicity purposes without further compensation or notice. Payments or contributions for entry are not tax-deductible contributions to the PBTF.
The PBTF may, in its sole discretion, cancel the drawing and return/refund all entries or select the winner in a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to (and/or after, if appropriate) the action taken by the PBTF. The PBTF reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the drawing.
By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold Promotion Entities harmless and released from any and all liability arising from participating in the Drawing and/or acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize, regardless of whether such claims are founded in whole or part upon alleged negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of any of the released parties, and including, without limitation, liability for any personal injury, damage or loss. The PBTF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing. Anyone who disrupts or interferes with the administration of the Drawing or defrauds Sponsor in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The Drawing is subject to all applicable laws of the United States and is void where prohibited. ANY CLAIMS OR CONTROVERSIES RELATING TO OR ARISING FROM THIS DRAWING SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONFLICTS OF LAW PRINCIPLES THEREOF AND SHALL BE BROUGHT IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN BUNCOMBE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THAT VENUE AND JURISDICTION AND THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS AND WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Drawing sponsored and administrated by the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation of the United States, Inc., a registered tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization based at 302 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806.
Thanks to you we've
Raised: $ 1057255 Goal: $ 3700000
Our Goal: $3,700,000.00
June 2, 2013 - Atlanta
June 2, 2013 - Virginia
June 9, 2013 - Cleveland
June 9, 2013 - Colorado
July 14, 2013 - Northern Indiana
July 21, 2013 - Chicago
July 21, 2013 - Minnesota
July 21, 2013 - Utica, NY
July 28, 2013 - Kansas City
July 28, 2013 - Knoxville
July 28, 2013 - Marysville