Ride for Kids®
benefiting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation®
We ride to cure the kids!
New England celebrates 15 years
August 19, 2012
New England motorcyclists have been riding for the PBTF for 15 years. This year they came from all over the region to Tantasqua High School in Fiskdale, Mass., with $55,852 in contributions.
Their donations help young people like Gary, Kelly, Ryen, and Amanda, who led the picturesque ride through riverside villages and townships on a fall-like morning. Afterward, the riders heard from these stars, their parents, and a doctor who treats them.
“We now think of children as survivors the minute they are diagnosed,” said Dr. Peter Manley, director of the Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Outcomes Clinic at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. “That’s because of the research that you have helped fund.”
The top fundraisers in New England were:
- Individual: David Odess, $18,445
- Motorcycle club/chapter: GWRRA MA-F, $21,130
- Motorcycle business: Venco Wings, $25,457
- Special organization: New Salem General Store, $3,148
- David Odess won the drawing for a Honda motorcycle. Other prize winners were Fredda Cole (AGV helmet); Vladimir Giterman (Dunlop tire); Michael Bartnowski (Tourmaster luggage); and Russell Emerson (Cardo Scala Rider).
Volunteers deserve thanks for putting on a great event for the kids and participants alike. This year’s task force leaders were Shirley Dempsey, Katie Dempsey, David Odess, Ross Chapman and Vladimir Giterman. Ride with us next year on Sunday, Aug. 18.
Thanks to you we've
Raised: $ 1102022 Goal: $ 3700000
Our Goal: $3,700,000.00
June 2, 2013 - Atlanta
June 2, 2013 - Virginia
June 9, 2013 - Cleveland
June 9, 2013 - Colorado
July 14, 2013 - Northern Indiana
July 21, 2013 - Chicago
July 21, 2013 - Minnesota
July 21, 2013 - Utica, NY
July 28, 2013 - Kansas City
July 28, 2013 - Knoxville
July 28, 2013 - Marysville