As the first line of support for families of children with brain tumors, the Georgia Chapter of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation offers the following programs and services, with some programs extending into other states.
- The Butterfly Fund, an emergency financial assistance program that helps qualified families with rent, utilities, groceries, gasoline, car insurance, medical items not covered by insurance, funeral expenses and more.
- Free educational books and information for parents when their child is diagnosed, along with print and online newsletters, a website and an email support network.
- Family packages with gifts for newly diagnosed children and their siblings, along with information for the parents.
- A variety of mission-focused events for families and the public, including our three signature events: the Ride for Kids motorcycle charity event, Starry Night run/walk, and Couture for Kids fashion show.
- Educational scholarships for brain tumor survivors.
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the world's leading nonprofit dedicated to children and teens with brain tumors. Through our mission to Care. Cure. Thrive., we serve the 28,000+ children and teens in the United States -- 13 diagnosed each day -- who are living with a brain tumor.
In addition to the lifesaving support we provide families, the PBTF has funded and partnered with organizations to fund more than $44 million in scientific discovery.
Contact us today to learn more.