The West Region of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is the first line of support for families of children with brain tumors on the west coast. Our services include:
- Family Camps - Weekend family camps which bring together families for a weekend of fun camp activities and the best of family programs.
- Spanish speaking programs - provide regular support to Spanish-speaking families through our hospital and clinic visits, family camps and support meetings.
- Hospital and Clinic Visits - with patients and their families at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, UCLA's Mattel Children's Hospital, and Children's Hospital Oakland
- Veteran Parent Program - which provides parent-to-parent mentoring, matching parents of recently diagnosed children with trained parent volunteers.
- Teen and young adult - group activities like movie premieres, graffiti art and dances.
- Kidshops - directed by our team of specially trained social workers, offering children the chance to share their feelings and make new friends.
- Parent education meetings - featuring presentations by carefully chosen experts, question and answer sessions, and personal group discussion.
- Books and information for parents when their child is diagnosed, along with print and online newsletters, a website and an email support network.
- Social gatherings - pool parties, bowling parties and holiday parties that allow families to form bonds in a relaxed and joyful atmosphere.
- PBTF-West Region continues to walk alongside families after they have lost a child to a brain tumor, with our We Can Have Hope family camp and support meetings.
- As part of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation – the world’s largest nonprofit funder of childhood brain tumor research – the West Region supports research projects to improve treatment options and search for a cure.