Educational and Family Support Webinar Series
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s webinar series seeks to alleviate the social isolation and emotional distress brain tumor families face by providing a nationwide, online community of support where families hear from experts in relevant fields and other families who have experiences similar to theirs.
These virtual events feature carefully chosen experts, provide opportunities for families to ask questions, and provide information and resources relevant to the brain tumor journey.
Exploring Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Brain Tumors
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT
Join the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation on Wednesday, March 24 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT for Exploring Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Brain Tumors, a presentation by Dr. Jason Fangusaro, Director of Developmental Therapeutics and Medical Director of the Clinical Research Office at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Dr. Fangusaro’s presentation will:
- Explain what targeted therapies are and why they are considered cutting edge
- Provide examples of effective targeted therapies in pediatric brain tumors
- Share information on infrastructure in place to support research into targeted therapies, including advancement in the past years as well as what more is needed
Following the presentation, we will have a Q&A session with Dr. Fangusaro and two parents whose children have been treated with targeted therapies. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions through a text chat. This webinar is free, but you must register to attend. A recording will be made available after the event.
To view recordings of past webinars, click on one of the links listed below:
- Managing Grief Over the Holidays: A Virtual Discussion with the PBTF for Bereaved Families (November 2020)
- Addressing the Cognitive Impact of Childhood Brain Tumors (October 2020)
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Brain Tumor Research and Treatment (September 2020)
- Educating Our Kids During COVID-19 (August 2020)
- Finding Meaning in Times of Uncertainty (July 2020)
- Advances in Pediatric Brain Tumor Research (May 2020)
- Managing Stress in Times that Retraumatize (April 2020)
Webinar content is provided for informational purposes only. The PBTF does not endorse any specific treatment methods, and you are advised to discuss the information presented with your healthcare provider. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-253-6530, x306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These virtual events are possible thanks to the generosity of our program sponsor Coverys.