Educational and Family Support Webinar Series
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s webinar series seeks to alleviate the social isolation and emotional distress brain tumor families face by providing a nationwide, online community of support where families hear from experts in relevant fields and other families who have experiences similar to theirs.
These virtual events feature carefully chosen experts, provide opportunities for families to ask questions, and provide information and resources relevant to the brain tumor journey.
Addressing the Health-Related Quality of Life Challenges Families Face When Caring for Survivors of a Pediatric Brain Tumor
Join the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation on Thursday, June 23, at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT, for Addressing the Health-Related Quality of Life Challenges Families Face When Caring for Survivors of a Pediatric Brain Tumor. This webinar will feature a presentation by Dr. Janet Deatrick, Professor Emerita of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Deatrick’s current research focuses on young adult survivors of childhood brain tumors living at home with their parents or caregivers and the challenges that this poses for the family unit.
In this webinar, participants will be able to:
Describe the common challenges families face when caring for a survivor with ongoing medical needs
Identify ways parents can become more effective managing the health-related challenges their survivors face
Describe lessons learned from the survivor perspective about how their families can contribute to their quality of life
Explore resources and tools to aid families in managing the long-term quality of life for the survivor
Following the presentation, we will have a Q&A session with Dr. Deatrick. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions through a text chat. This webinar is free, but you must register below to attend. A recording will be made available after the event.
To view recordings of past webinars, click on one of the links listed below:
- Understanding Endocrine Problems Following a Pediatric Brain Tumor Diagnosis (March 2022)
- Discovering Resilience on the Pediatric Brain Tumor Journey (January 2022)
- Navigating Social Skills Challenges After a Pediatric Brain Tumor Diagnosis (October 2021)
- Engaging in Advocacy: How to Amplify the Power of Your Story (August 2021)
- Understanding COVID-19 Vaccine Trials & Considerations for Pediatric Cancer Patients (June 2021)
- Empowering Families to Engage with the PBTF Community (May 2021)
- Navigating the Years After Treatment for a Pediatric Brain Tumor (May 2021)
- Supporting the Sibling Journey After a Pediatric Brain Tumor Diagnosis (April 2021)
- Exploring Targeted Therapies in Pediatric Brain Tumors (March 2021)
- Understanding Pediatric Brain Tumors and Treatments (February 2021)
- Managing Grief Over the Holidays: A Virtual Discussion with the PBTF for Bereaved Families (November 2020)
- Addressing the Cognitive Impact of Childhood Brain Tumors (October 2020)
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Brain Tumor Research and Treatment (September 2020)
- Educating Our Kids During COVID-19 (August 2020)
- Finding Meaning in Times of Uncertainty (July 2020)
- Advances in Pediatric Brain Tumor Research (May 2020)
- Managing Stress in Times that Retraumatize (April 2020)
**Important Information About the Webinar**
By registering, attendees agree that the content provided is for informational purposes only. The PBTF does not endorse any specific treatment methods, and attendees are advised to discuss the information presented with their healthcare provider. Attendees also authorize the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation to include their name as recorded during the event in informational and promotional activities as deemed appropriate by the PBTF.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-253-6530, x306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These virtual events are possible thanks to the generosity of our program sponsor Coverys.