What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Diagnosed at or before age 19 with a primary malignant or nonmalignant central nervous system brain and/or spinal cord tumor, as identified by the World Health Organization
- A completed online application with all necessary uploaded electronic documents. The electronic documents required are:
- Signed Medical Release Information form
- School transcript
- One recommendation letter
- Plan to or already attending an accredited community college, undergraduate college or university, vocational, trade or technical institution (graduate level applicants are not eligible to apply)
- If awarded, agree to participate in PBTF's Scholar Service Program
How do I apply?
The application portal will be available on March 1, 2019.
What's the application deadline?
The application deadline is Friday, May 17, 2019 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
How are the applications reviewed?
Education, medical and community professionals independent of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation review completed applications.
How will I be notified about the scholarship?
Applicants are notified by mail and email in July 2019.
How and when are award checks issued?
- Awards checks are issued when the PBTF receives completed scholarship awardee paperwork. The PBTF will mail checks directly to the accredited academic institution.
- Please notify the PBTF if you withdraw from school. If this occurs, scholarship funds must be returned to the PBTF.
What if I have questions about the scholarship program?
Please contact Keila Levis at 800-253-6530 x306 or by email if you have additional questions.