COVID-19 Resource Center for Families of Children with Brain Tumors
A child’s brain tumor diagnosis can be an incredibly isolating and complicated experience, which has been made even more isolating and complicated by the disruptions caused by COVID-19. Please know that no matter where your family lives and what stage of the pediatric brain tumor journey you are on, you are not alone.
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s COVID-19 Family Resource Center has been created with you in mind using information from trusted sources, such as the public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Click the links below to find information and resources that can help families of children with brain tumors navigate COVID-19:
- Common Questions about COVID-19 and Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients
- Ways to Manage Your Family’s Emotional Wellbeing During COVID-19
- Resources to Help Children and Families During COVID-19
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s most important priority is the health and well-being of patient families like yours. We are committed to serving you and to staying focused on our mission to care for families along their journey, cure all childhood brain tumors, and help survivors and families thrive.
If you think your child or a member of your family has been exposed to COVID-19 and develops a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, please call your healthcare provider for medical advice. They will work with state health departments and local health authorities to determine if you should be tested. Be sure to follow their guidance on when to come into the office or hospital and when it’s safer to stay home.
If you are a pediatric brain tumor family in need of support, please reach out to our national family support team or your region’s family support contact and regional director listed below:
National Family Support Contacts:
- Kathy Riley, Vice President of Family Support: email@example.com
- Keila Levis Aguilar, Manager of Family Support: 800-253-6530, x306 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Family Support Contacts and Directors:
- Central Region: Tammy Bristol and Bob McNamara
- Northeast Region: Icandace Woods and Kimberly Roy-Canning
- Southeast Region: Heather Held and Tammy Bates
- West Region: Cynthia Rodriguez and Valerie Loduem
We are here for you, and you can be assured the PBTF’s work will continue throughout and after COVID-19. If you need anything, please let us know.