SoCal Dual Sport and Adventure Ride Kicks Off 2017 Ride for Kids Season
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
will host 30 motorcycle rides across
the U.S. in 2017
Stars Izaiah and Brandon at 2017
SoCal Dual Sport and Adventure Ride
Brain tumors are now the No. 1 cancer killer in children, but motorcyclists around the country are riding to reverse this statistic.
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s Ride for Kids is the longest-running, most successful motorcycle charity event in the United States, funding childhood brain tumor research and life-changing family support programs for more than 30 years.
On April 8, the SoCal Dual Sport and Adventure Ride for Kids kicked off the 2017 season in San Bernardino, California. More than 215 people gathered at Glen Helen Raceway to show their support for local childhood brain tumor survivors and their families. Riders completed an approximately 100-mile self-guided dual sport route, raising more than $53,000 for the PBTF.
The SoCal Ride for Kids is one of 30 PBTF-hosted motorcycle rides taking place in 2017. At the heart of every Ride for Kids motorcycle event are the more than 28,000 children and teens living with a brain tumor nationwide. These are the PBTF’s Stars who count on participants to raise funds that have helped the foundation:
- Invest more than $29 million in research at more than 50 centers worldwide over three decades
- Address the needs of families living with a childhood brain tumor through family support programs, including onsite hospital support, brain tumor family camps and bereavement support
- Provide emergency financial aid to families, in partnership with 23 hospitals in 11 states
- Award more than 1,400 college scholarships to brain tumor survivors since 2001
- Offer a free notebook with information and practical resources for newly diagnosed families
Although there is no charge to participate in a Ride for Kids event, participants receive special fundraising incentives starting at $50.
American Honda is the presenting sponsor of Ride for Kids. Cycle World magazine is the lead national media supporter of this American Motorcyclist Association-sanctioned event. Additional national and local sponsors provide critical support to our rides.
Find a ride near you at www.rideforkids.org or contact us at 800-253-6530 and firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.