3 Ways to Go Gray in May With Us
Brain Tumor Awareness Month is now underway and there are plenty of ways you can join our mission in May.
1. Tell us why you #CareCureThrive.
Each one of us has a different reason for fighting for futures, and we want to hear yours. Check out our new blog to learn about our Brain Tumor Awareness Month campaign and tell us why you #CareCureThrive.
Throughout the month, we’ll be seeking and sharing stories from across the pediatric brain tumor community. This first installment features Dr. Mark Kieran of Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, brain tumor survivor Chase Jones, Star sibling Allison Fine and Ride for Kids volunteer Bill Phelps.
2. Participate in our Care. Cure. Thrive. Giving Days.
Let’s turn awareness into action! Starting next week, we’re hosting a series of giving days for mission-specific programs. Each week will focus on a particular program, with the opportunity to support one or as many of the programs you want.
- During the week of May 8: Care for families through the Butterfly Fund.
- During the week of May 15: Fund research for a cure.
- During the week of May 22: Support college scholarships for survivors.
More info to come on how to support each program.
3. Attend one of our May events.
We’re raising funds and awareness at the following events across the country. Pediatric brain tumor families in Chicago are also invited to our first Meet the Experts of 2017, which takes place May 21. More info about each event can be found below.
- May 7, 2017 - Ride for Kids - N.C. Triangle
- May 7, 2017 - Couture for Kids - Los Angeles
- May 7, 2017 – Vs. Cancer - High Point
- May 9, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Furman University
- May 13, 2017 - Keris Kares Royal Run - Atlanta
- May 13, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – University of Rhode Island
- May 13, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Carolina Blue Sox
- May 14, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Fort Wayne Baseball
- May 16, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Duke Baseball
- May 17, 2017 - Vs. Cancer – Malden Catholic
- May 18, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Elon Baseball
- May 20, 2017 - Ride for Kids - Middle Tennessee
- May 20, 2017 – Vs. Cancer - North Wake County Baseball
- May 20, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – University of Maine
- May 21, 2017 - Meet the Experts - Chicago
- May 27, 2017 – Vs. Cancer – Doherty High School
- May 27, 2017 – Vs. Cancer - Saint Peter Marian High School
Can’t make it to one of our events? Join us in RACE Cancer Foundation’s May Challenge. Register for the virtual May Challenge and run or walk at least one mile each day. When registering, select the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation as your charity of choice and 100% of proceeds go to us! Registration is only $10 with the option to donate more.
And remember, one of the easiest ways to raise awareness is through social media. Bookmark our social media toolkit for resources that can help.
Thank you for raising awareness about pediatric brain tumors during May and every day.