Imagine a world without childhood brain tumors.
That's the future we're fighting for. The reality, though, is that 13 children and teens are diagnosed each day with a brain tumor, more children die of brain tumors than any other cancer, and survivors face lifelong side effects and years of tests and treatments.
As the world's leading nonprofit dedicated to children and teens with brain tumors, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s mission is to care for families along their journey, cure all childhood brain tumors, and help survivors and families thrive.
No family should have to face their child’s brain tumor diagnosis alone. PBTF is a critical point of care for families navigating a child's diagnosis, empowering them with patient family education, financial relief, and emotional support. Informed by families' and healthcare professionals’ responses to PBTF's Community Health Needs Assessment, programs are designed to equip patient families as they navigate the following:
- Understanding information about the brain tumor journey
- Logistical support and financial hardship
- Interpersonal and emotional distress
- Educational and vocational challenges
PBTF provides leadership and funding to accelerate the discovery of targeted therapies for children battling brain tumors. We do this by:
- Engaging with every level of expertise across an array of scientific disciplines, from the newly minted post-doctoral fellows to the highly seasoned, world-class leaders in the field.
- Providing seed funding at every stage of the targeted therapy pipeline, from novel science through all translational and clinical trial phases.
- Collaborating with a wide spectrum of global partners because curing pediatric brain tumors is an international challenge we cannot tackle alone.
PBTF offers a thriving community for children, survivors, and families, walking beside them from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. We do this by:
- Providing patient families with opportunities to connect with other families who have experiences like theirs
- Offering emotional and financial support to bereaved families following their child’s passing, wrapping our arms around them in support so they know they are not alone.
- Providing resources and programs to help survivors and caregivers navigate the transition to adulthood and the lasting impact that diagnosis and treatment can have on a child’s quality of life.
- Funding research to better understand the impact of chemotherapy and other “gold standard” treatments on children’s cognitive, behavioral and physical development, as well as research into targeted treatments that could offer a true cure for this disease.
What will it take to put an end to pediatric brain tumors?
An army of committed advocates like you, accelerating the discovery of targeted therapies for children battling brain tumors today and providing the support they need to navigate their child's diagnosis.
Donate today to give every child battling a brain tumor the chance to reach for their dreams, instead of fight for their lives.